- Home /
- Faculty /
- A Day in the Life
A Day in the Life
Consider Joining Spokane Teaching Health
Spokane Teaching Health is the fully-accredited institutional sponsor of the following programs:
- Family Medicine Residency Spokane–South
- Family Medicine Residency Spokane–North
- Rural Training Track located in Colville, Washington
- Internal Medicine Residency Spokane
- Transitional Year Residency Spokane
- Sports Medicine Fellowship Spokane
- Obstetrics Fellowship Spokane
In July 2020, Spokane Teaching Health will open its Family Medicine Residency Spokane Urban program at Holy Family Hospital with an ambulatory clinic site at 309 E Farwell Rd, Spokane.
The Family Medicine Residency Spokane Urban program seeks family physicians to serve as faculty in the new family medicine program at Holy Family Hospital and Northside Ambulatory Clinic.
Family Physician Faculty Duties Include:
- Assisting the Program Director in ensuring program accreditation with the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME).
- Practicing primary care clinical medicine in a capacity and scope comparative to other faculty peers e.g., managing a panel of patients, precepting resident-rendered patient care, and supervising inpatient care on the hospital adult medicine and obstetrics services.
- Participating in quality initiatives and scholarly activities that enhance the academic environment of the residency program.
- Precepting resident learners directly and indirectly in compliance with ACGME guidelines.
- Instructing, supervising, and mentoring other learners e.g., medical students and interdisciplinary healthcare students.
- MD or DO degree with Board Certification in Family Medicine.
- Active WA Medical License and DEA.
- Eligible for privileging at Holy Family Hospital.
- Strong commitment to the breadth and scope of Family Medicine and patient centered medical care.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with special attention to organization, team building, and accountability.
- Core faculty will dedicate at least 32 hours per week to resident education, administrative activities, and direct patient care.
- Other appointment levels are available based on involvement interest.